5 to read: Downtown news beat
Art on the Line – KC Streetcar art tour set for Thursday
Join Art in the Loop on a tour of the artwork located along the KC Streetcar line from 4:30-7 p.m. Thursday. The event kicks off with a short program at the Town Pavilion, 1100 Walnut. From there, guests will hop on the KC Streetcar and meet some of the 2021 Art in the Loop artists at streetcar stops to discuss their art! The event will end with a reception at the recently reopened Plowboys Barbecue restaurant, 1111 Main St.
- Tour of the recently remodeled Town Pavilion Rotunda and its artwork created in partnership with the Kansas City Art Institute and works on loan through ArtsKC’s “Now Showing” program.
- Guided tour of art along the KC Streetcar line with local artists and 2021 Art in the Loop Art Director Kyle Mullins. The tour will take approximately 60-70 minutes.
- Light barbecue snacks and beverages will be provided by Plowboys following the tour.
- Tickets are $20 per person (The ticket includes entrance to the event, tour, a barbecue snack, and signature drink or other beverage at Plowboys Barbecue following the tour.)
- Click here to register or visit artintheloop.com for more information.
- For an additional jolt of Thursday arts, The Wires will present a free Art in the Loop performance from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the KC Streetcar River Market West Stop near 4th & Delaware. The Wires are a modern exploration in string sound. Created in Kansas City, Laurel Morgan Parks, violin, and Sascha Groschang, cello, have been composing dynamic and cinematic music as best friends since 2009.