This year the Downtown Kansas City Office Summit will focus on the next generation of employees – discussing the environment and amenities that appeal to them, both inside and outside of the workplace. This knowledge will help us chart our future course of creating a modern, mixed-use, yet evolving Downtown that continues to attract both businesses and the future workforce.
Today, Downtown Kansas City is the region’s largest employment center blended with the fastest-growing residential neighborhood in the metropolitan area. Downtown benefits from a substantial volume of housing intermixed with office, healthcare, and education; a strong convention and tourism business; a vibrant arts scene; as well as award-winning restaurants and retailers activating our ground floor spaces. Together, these elements provide an appealing environment for businesses seeking a thriving location that will help them build culture as well as attract and retain talent.
As a result, there has not been a better time for businesses to locate Downtown but as conditions continue to evolve after a global pandemic and new generations enter the workforce, we know our work is not done.
The highlight of the 2023 Office Summit will be a panel discussion featuring local and national business leaders discussing the next generation of employees in this new era of work and how we can continue to attract businesses and talent to Downtown Kansas City. Our panel members include –
- Christa Dubill, Vice President, Chief Communications Officer at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City – Christa engages with Blue KC members, employees, partners, providers, and the community to share important information on Blue KC programs, initiatives, plans, and news. Christa will discuss the reasons why Blue Cross and Blue Shield decided to stay in Downtown Kansas City and what attracted them to the new 1400KC building.
- Jon Greenawalt, Senior Vice President, Customer Transformation, 15Five – Jon is an executive and strategic advisor with more than 25 years of experience working with management to build culture, values, leaders, and teams through progressive people strategies that accelerate and support business performance and organizational growth. Jon will talk about shaping workplace culture; employees’ desires for the workplace in this new post-pandemic era of work; best practices for flexible work options; and packaging business attraction messages to recruit new companies to Downtown.
- Brett Hautop, Founding Partner, Workshape – In 2022, Brett founded Workshape which helps companies, developers, and organizations create a new workplace experience. As the foundational assumptions about where work is best done, how teams should be organized and when people should be physically together are all being challenged, there is a need for organizations and companies to create a new workplace experience to better support their workforces into the future.
- Tracey Lewis, President & CEO, Economic Development Corporation – Tracey will discuss his vision for the EDC and how we can support him and the organization’s initiatives. He will talk about the tools and resources available to businesses and development at the EDC. Tracey will discuss advantages for businesses wanting to locate in Kansas City, Missouri, and specifically Downtown.
- 2PM – Downtown Kansas City Exhibit and Networking
- 3PM – Office Summit Program
- 4:30PM – Networking Reception
See you there!