Today’s Downtown Kansas City has a robust commercial business community and growing residential population; it’s the regional center for culture, innovation, and art; it’s accessible with a wide variety of transit options – soon to include the KC Streetcar; it’s vibrant; engaging; creative and Smart.
- Keynote Speaker & Panel: Our keynote speaker, Jason W. Tolliver, J.D., Vice President – Americas Research, Cushman & Wakefield, will accentuate Downtown Kansas City’s place in a national trend as he discusses research from the report, Core Values: Why American Companies are Moving Downtown. Mr. Tolliver also will lead a panel discussion of local business and civic leaders who have moved their companies to Downtown or are currently considering such a move.
- Comments from Mayor James on the state of Downtown Kansas City and why it’s the Smart City Choice
- Presentation of the Downtown Council’s highest honor, the J. Philip Kirk, Jr. Award in Recognition of Community Vision and Downtown Stewardship to Henry Bloch.
- Announcement of the 2015 Urban Hero Award recipients, honoring small businesses, entrepreneurs, and individuals who are improving the quality and diversity of life Downtown.
- Introduction of the 2015 LaunchKC innovative technology-based start-up business grant recipients
- Prior to the luncheon, guests will participate in the Spirit of Downtown KC Exhibit. More than 50 booth spaces will highlight new developments, creative businesses and the arts of Downtown.
- Mike Hagedorn, President & CEO, UMB Bank – Honorary Co-Chair
- Steve McDowell, Principal and Director of Design, BNIM – Honorary Co-Chair
- Douglas Stockman, Principal, el dorado inc– Planning Chair
For more information about the luncheon, please contact Shannon Merrick, email@example.com, (816) 213-6910, or Ann Holliday, firstname.lastname@example.org, (816) 421-1539.