DTC to honor legacy of Phil Kirk + Urban Heroes; ticket sales close Monday
One of Kansas City’s signature business and civic events – the Downtown Council Annual Luncheon – returns next Friday to shine a spotlight on future of Downtown KC. The 2022 luncheon is set for 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Friday, April 22 in the City Beautiful Ballroom of the Loews Kansas City Hotel.
- J. Philip Kirk Jr. lifetime achievement award in recognition of Downtown stewardship and community vision to Vincent P. Dasta, past president of DST Realty
- Urban Hero awards to recognize small businesses and individuals who work passionately to make Downtown KC a more vibrant place to live, work and play, including:
- KC Art on the Block: A Black Lives Matter Project – leaders Crissy Dastrup and Natasha Ria El-Scari
- Jason Parson, President & CEO, Parson + Associates, Historic Jazz District
- Elizabeth Rosin, President/Owner, Rosin Preservation, Crossroads Arts District
- Michael Smith, Executive Chef, Extra Virgin and Farina, Crossroads Arts District
- Marqueia Watson, Executive Director, Greater Kansas City Coalition to End Homelessness
The keynote address of this 2022 gala will be delivered via a show-stopping team of KC sports and entertainment champions, including:
- Shani Tate Ross, VP of Sales & Marketing, T-Mobile Center (Moderator)
- Mark Donovan, President, KC Chiefs
- Angie Long, Founder & Owner, KC Current
- Kathy Nelson, President & CEO, KC Sports Commission and Visit KC
- Jake Reid, President & CEO, Sporting KC
- And more surprises
Mayor Quinton Lucas will share his thoughts on the future of Downtown Kansas City, and recognize outstanding service by two Community Improvement District Ambassadors, Kim Hert and Sheila Tatum, with the coveted Harvey Fried Award. The event will begin with the Spirit of Downtown Kansas City, a networking exhibition highlighting businesses, cultural and non-profit organizations, and new developments.
The event is co-chaired by Lynn Carlton, HOK, and Richard Wetzel, Centric. Jon Copaken, Copaken Brooks, will serve as the honorary chair.
Individual tickets, as well as sponsorship opportunities are now available. Downtown business leaders are encouraged to join 1,000 business, civic, cultural, and education leaders who attend this luncheon each year! Click here to learn more about ticket sales and the complete Annual Luncheon scope of events.
5 to read: Downtown news beat