Downtown KC Office Summit due for liftoff on Nov. 9
The Downtown Council is preparing to welcome 350 business leaders on Tuesday, Nov. 9 for a summit meeting on the hottest commodity in Downtown’s escalating revitalization – the commercial office market.
The 5th annual Downtown KC Office Summit will feature a keynote address by Revathi Greenwood, Global Head of Data and Insights for Cushman & Wakefield. She will discuss Downtown Kansas City’s recent successes, outlook, and national market comparison to trends.
The Office Summit will begin at 2 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 9 before an in-person audience at The Gallery event space, 61 E. 14th St., in the Kansas City Power & Light District. The event – featuring opening remarks by the Hon. Quinton Lucas, Mayor of the City of Kansas City – is designed to provide a better understanding of the Downtown office market today and to chart a course towards greater success in the future.
And, Greenwood is poised to be the right speaker for the job. She will share her perspective on COVID-19’s impact on commercial real estate, and prepare the local audience for what comes next. Revitalization of the office market is paramount to creating jobs, attracting talent, unlocking value, and engaging private investment in Downtown.
The Downtown Office Summit will feature three components on Nov. 9:
- 2 p.m. – Office Summit Expo – a networking opportunity to learn more about the commercial office marketplace and the people who represent Downtown properties, opportunities and trends.
- 3 p.m. – Office Summit Program – a series of speakers who will illustrate the challenges and opportunities facing Downtown Kansas City in light of the rapid growth of the commercial businesses marketplace, along with a growing spike in residents and visitors in Downtown.
- 5 p.m. – Reception and networking more
“More and more office tenants are looking for and moving to office properties that offer convenient amenities to help them retain, attract, and now bring back their talent,” said Mike Klamm, Senior Vice President of CBRE Kansas City and Vice Chair-elect of the DTC Board of Directors.
Program highlights include…
- Greetings – Richard Wetzel, 2021/22 chair-elect, DTC Board of Directors; Partner, Centric
- Welcome – John Moncke, President, Kansas City Power & Light District
- Opening remarks – Hon. Quinton Lucas, Mayor, City of Kansas City, MO
- Keynote address – Revathi Greenwood, Global Head of Data and Insights for Cushman & Wakefield, Washington, D.C.
- Market overview – Suzanne Dimmel, Office Summit chair, Director, Cushman & Wakefield, Kansas City
- Summary & closing remarks – Mike Klamm, Vice Chair-elect, DTC Board of Directors; Senior Vice President, CBRE, Kansas City
“Downtown Kansas City is seeing activity pick up, thanks in part to the extension of the KC Streetcar; new and exciting restaurants arriving monthly; and the return of entertainment,” Klamm said. “These are positive indicators for the Downtown office environment.”
The Office Summit – a consistent sell-out each year – is expected to attract community and civic leaders, real estate developers, building owners and future Downtown office tenants. Click here to reserve your tickets and for more information.
The Downtown KC Office Summit is produced by the Downtown Council of Kansas City. It is presented by JE Dunn Construction, along with CBRE, Centric, The Cordish Companies, Cushman Wakefield, and Lewis Rice.
University Health – the ‘new’ Truman Medical Center
Charlie Shields, President and CEO of Truman Medical Center/University Health, makes a major announcement about the future of this Downtown healthcare system. Click here for a virtual introduction.