This week, Host Kemet Coleman talks with Shomari Benton, partner at Benton, Lloyd & Chung LLP, and Erika Brice, commercial real estate investor. The episode dives into real estate development in adjacent neighborhoods, historic preservation, and what it means to build an inclusive Downtown that benefits all people and neighborhoods. Shomari and Erika are working together to repurpose the historic Wheatley-Provident Hospital and share how it will benefit the community.
Stay up-to-date about the Imagine Downtown Kansas City 2030 planning process! Learn more online at: imaginedowntownkc.org and follow the Downtown Council on social media.
Additional Information and Links from this week’s episode:
- Wheatley-Provident Hospital website: https://www.wheatleyprovident.com/
- Benton, Llyod & Chung LLP website: https://blcfirm.com/
- Shomari’s Twitter: @Shokcmo
- Historic Wheatley Provident Twitter: @WheatleyProvKC
- Kemet Coleman website: https://www.kemetcoleman.com
- Kemet Coleman Facebook:@kemetcolemanmusic
- Kemet Coleman Twitter: @kemetcoleman
- Kemet Coleman Instagram: @kemetcoleman