Office Summit to elevate opportunities in Downtown KC
All eyes will be on Downtown Kansas City, as area business leaders gather next month to explore the future of commercial office space at the Downtown KC Office Summit.
Highlighting this year’s program will be a briefing by Spencer Levy, the icon of global commercial real estate, along with four Downtown business leaders who are on the cutting edge of commercial office planning for today and tomorrow. For Levy, his briefing will be a return engagement, having earned rave reviews as the Office Summit keynote speaker in 2019.
Mark your calendars for 3 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 10 for the virtual, 4th annual Downtown KC Office Summit, presented by the Downtown Council of Kansas City (DTC).
The Office Summit will celebrate dramatic progress in the Downtown office marketplace to date on many fronts, including:
- Waddell & Reed – decision to relocate its headquarters to a new, 260,000-square-foot location in Central Business District of Downtown
- SafetyCulture – an Australian company’s decision to move its move its North American headquarters to the Crossroads Arts District of Downtown
- Loews Kansas City Hotel – opens its spectacular 800-room, 23-story convention hotel across the street from the Kansas City Convention Center in Downtown
“Downtown Kansas City is perfectly positioned for attracting new companies and elevating established businesses,” said Suzanne Dimmel, director, Cushman & Wakefield and chair of the Office Summit.
The 2020 Downtown Office Summit will feature outstanding business leaders who will share their Downtown insights and strategies, along with visions for tomorrow, including:
- Hon. Quinton Lucas, Mayor, City of Kansas City, MO
- Spencer Levy, Chairman, America’s Research & Senior Economic Advisor, CBRE
- Mike Klamm, Chair, Downtown Council Business Attraction committee
- Panel members:
- Vince Bryant, Founder and Developer, 3D Development
- Parag Chitnis, Acting Director, USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture
- Kim McDonald, Vice President of People, Spring Venture Group
- Shelley White, Reinsurance Operational Excellence Lead / Managing Director, Swiss Re Group
“The Downtown Council is committed to creating a stronger, more prosperous, and more resilient downtown for the 21st century,” said Bill Dietrich, president and CEO. “This year’s Office Summit will enable us to interact directly with area business leaders and owners about how they can build their businesses, lives, and careers right here.”
The Downtown Office Summit is made possible by
- Presenting Sponsors – Centric, Generator Studio and McCownGordon Construction
- Silver Sponsors – Cushman Wakefield, Henderson Engineers, Lathrop Gage, Lewis Rice, Thomas McGee, 3D Development, Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce
Click here to register and to learn more.
Downtown Council launches ‘Imagine’ podcast series
Over the next 10 weeks, listen in as host Kemet Coleman goes deeper with guests as they share their unique perspectives and explore the possibilities for the future of Downtown KC.
We invite you to tune in to the first episode as Dana Knapp, president and CEO of ArtsKC Regional Arts Council, and Michael Toombs, founder and CEO of The Storytellers Inc. Artists Collective, discuss the state of the local arts community.
Catch the Imagine Downtown KC podcast wherever you download your podcasts. Check it out on iTunes and Spotify, and the Imagine Downtown KC Podcast page.
Share the podcast with your friends, family and colleagues, and let us know what you think!