What is Imagine Downtown KC?
The Downtown Council of Kansas City (DTC), in collaboration with leading civic organizations and the City of Kansas City, has launched a process to develop the community’s shared vision for development, economic inclusion, and recovery in the short-term and over the next 10 years. The Imagine Downtown KC 2030 Strategic Plan will serve as the primary vision-setting action framework to lead the ongoing revitalization of Downtown Kansas City.
This plan will address key issues and opportunities that are critical to Downtown’s recovery and its ability to grow into a stronger, more resilient urban center, including:
- Economic Opportunity
- Housing & Affordability
- Mobility & Transportation Networks
- Open Spaces & Parks
- Arts & Culture
- Development Trends
- Catalytic Development Projects
How Can You Get Involved?
Community engagement is essential to developing an equitable and action-oriented strategic plan for Downtown Kansas City. We want to hear from you!
- Save the Date! Community Workshop on July 14 from 4:30-6:30 p.m.: We are launching the community engagement process for Imagine Downtown KC with our first digital community workshop on Tuesday, July 14 from 4:30-6:30 p.m. CT. This online event will be conducted through Zoom and will include interactive discussions and activities to collect community input on the future of Downtown KC. To RSVP, please click here. Also, feel free to share our flier within your networks.
- Project Website: Stay tuned into updates, events, and other information through the project website. Follow along at http://imaginedowntownkc.org
- Mailing List: Interested in getting the latest news and information about Imagine Downtown KC? Sign up here to join our mailing list, and start receiving updates and invitations to our upcoming events.
- Social Media: Connect with us online and share your ideas through social media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, #ImagineDowntownKC
The Imagine Downtown KC process began in May 2020, and the plan is anticipated to be completed in December 2020. Along the way, the Project Team will engage community members, businesses, partner agencies, and other stakeholders to collaboratively create and implement the plan.
Learn more: imaginedowntownkc.org