Mark your calendar… The 2020 Annual Luncheon of the Downtown Council of Kansas City is set for 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 30 in the Kay Barnes Grand Ballroom of the Kansas City Convention Center.
As you know, the Downtown Council is an organization dedicated to positive change in the region. In the past year alone, we’ve seen growth in the numbers of residents, employers, small businesses, retailers, office tenants, visitors, hotels, entrepreneurs, artists, and tech talent joining the Downtown community.
Downtown KC – model of progress in 2018/19
As we work through the closing weeks of 2019, the DTC is focused on …
- Welcoming 24 new or expanded businesses in 2018-19 into 500,000 square feet of office space and 1,900 new employees;
- Announcing Downtown as the relocation choice for Waddell & Reed and the USDA;
- Welcoming 67 new retail shops and restaurants to Downtown;
- Preparing for the 800-room Loews Kansas City Hotel – the newest landmark in the Downtown skyline – set to open in spring 2020 – and joining the 6 new hotels added to the market in 2018-19 and 5 other hotels currently under construction Downtown;
- Celebrating KC’s ranking as the 6th highest growth percentage of tech talent labor among the largest tech markets in the U.S., according to CBRE, July 2019.
- And, celebrating the KC Streetcar as it exceeds 7.3 million rides through Downtown neighborhoods in its first 3.5 years. The resulting economic impact has been a game-changer for Downtown businesses, residents, visitors, and sales tax revenue.
2020 Annual Luncheon
Make plans to join us for the 2020 Downtown Council Annual Luncheon, when we will celebrate the progress of the past year and look to the future as we kickoff the Downtown KC 2030 Strategic Plan process. We will also celebrate and honor community leaders with our J. Philip Kirk Jr. Award for community vision and Downtown stewardship, as well as our Urban Hero Awards, honoring individuals who impact Downtown on the grassroots level.
At the luncheon, we will inspire participants to visualize the Downtown KC of tomorrow. We will consider efforts to create a sustainable future for our city and are looking forward to announcing our inspirational keynote speaker soon. We will also present our annual State of Downtown report and showcase the spirit of Downtown Kansas City with a networking exhibition highlighting businesses, cultural and non-profit organizations, and new developments.
We encourage you to join 1,000 business, civic, cultural and education leaders who attend this luncheon each year! Become a sponsor and you will have the opportunity for premium seating and corporate exposure at the event.
Please click here to learn about Sponsorship Benefits and register for the luncheon. Contact Ashley Broockerd (email@example.com) or Ann Holliday (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any specific questions about the luncheon or sponsorships.