The Downtown Council of Kansas City (DTC) announced plans today for a Sept. 25 summit meeting on the hottest commodity in Downtown’s escalating revitalization – the commercial office market.
The 3rd annual Downtown Office Summit will feature a keynote address by Spencer Levy, a global leader in commercial real estate. Levy serves as Chairman, America’s Research & Senior Economic Advisor for CBRE, the largest commercial real estate services company on the planet. His home base is in Baltimore.
The Downtown KC Office Summit is set Wednesday, Sept. 25 in The Gallery event space, 61 E. 14th St., in the Kansas City Power & Light District. It is designed to provide a better understanding of the Downtown office market today and to chart a course to greater success in the future.
And, Levy is poised to be the right speaker to accomplish that lofty goal. He is a close observer of the nationwide competition to attract tech talent to cities across America, and a believer that KC has grown to a formidable player in this big-time talent hunt.
Downtown’s renaissance has entered the critical third wave of revitalization. The rebirth of the office market is paramount to sustaining the momentum. It is an economic game-changer that will spur momentum at creating jobs, attracting talent, unlocking value and engaging private investment in Downtown, according to Downtown Council leaders.
The Office Summit was a sell-out in each of its first two years. It is expected to attract community and civic leaders, real estate developers, building owners and future Downtown office tenants. Click here to purchase tickets now.
The Downtown Office Summit will feature three components at The Gallery on Sept. 25:
- 2 p.m. – Office Summit Expo – a networking opportunity to learn more about the commercial office marketplace and the people who represent Downtown properties, opportunities and trends.
- 3 p.m. – Office Summit Program – a series of speakers who will illustrate the challenges and opportunities facing Downtown Kansas City in light of the rapid growth of the commercial businesses marketplace, along with a growing spike in residents and visitors in Downtown. Highlights include…
- Welcome – Jerry Riffel, 2019 chair, DTC Board of Directors
- State of Downtown remarks – Mayor Quinton Lucas
- KC Market overview – co-chairs Gina Anderson, First Vice President, CBRE and Suzanne Dimmel, Director, Cushman & Wakefield
- Keynote address – Spencer Levy, Chairman, America’s Research & Senior Economic Advisor for CBRE, Baltimore
- Summary & closing comments – Julie Pierce, 2019 Office Summit chair and 2020 Chair, DTC Board of Directors
- 5 p.m. – Reception and networking to follow.
“Downtown KC is in the thick of competing for businesses – and the talent to elevate those companies – with large and small cities all across the country,” said Jerry Riffel, chair of the DTC Board of Directors.
The Downtown KC Office Summit is produced by the Downtown Council of Kansas City in partnership with the City of Kansas City and the Economic Development Corporation. It is presented by Bank of America, The Cordish Companies, JE Dunn Construction and Lathrop Gage.
For questions or more information, contact Julie Shippy at the Downtown Council, email@example.com or 816-421-1539.