- Grand Boulevard is closed between 13th Street and Truman Road through 6 a.m. Sunday.
- 14th Street is closed between Walnut Street and Grand Boulevard through 6 a.m. Sunday. There will be valet access to 14th between Main and Walnut during the closure.
- Truman Road is limited to one lane between Oak and Walnut streets now through 6 a.m. Sunday.
- Beginning at 10 a.m. today, 14th Street will be closed between Main and Walnut streets. It will remain closed through midnight Sunday.
- Beginning at 10 a.m. today, Walnut Street will close between 13th Street and Truman Road. It will remain closed through midnight on Sunday.
- Residents and guests of Two Light apartments at Truman Road and Grand Boulevard will have access to the building’s garage throughout the event.
Drivers also should expect closures on Saturday morning for the Kansas City Big 12 Run, which will begin at 8 a.m. and conclude about 11 a.m. KCMO Police will allow traffic to cross the race route when it’s safe for runners. Here are the streets that will be impacted by the run:
Here are the streets impacted by the run:
- Grand Boulevard, between 8th and 12th streets, and between Truman and Pershing Road
- Eighth Street, between Grand Boulevard and Holmes Street
- Holmes Street, between Eighth and 18th streets and between 30th and 31st streets
- Truman Road, between Holmes Street and Woodland Avenue and between Grand Boulevard and Oak Street
- Woodland Avenue, between Truman Road and 18th Street
- 18th Street, between Woodland Avenue and Vine Street and between Holmes Street and Grand Boulevard
- Vine Street, between 18th Street and 17th Terrace
- 17th Terrace, between Vine Street and Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard/The Paseo
- Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard/The Paseo, between 17th Terrace and 31st Street
- 31st Street, between between Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard/The Paseo and Holmes
- 30th Street, between Holmes and McGee streets
- McGee, between Holmes Street and Gillham Road
- Gillham Road, between McGee Street and Pershing Road
- Oak Street, between Truman Road and 9th Street
- Ninth Street, between Oak Street and Grand Boulevard
Parking Suggestions – Check out the Downtown Council’s Downtown Parking Map and Kansas City’s Click And Park for parking reservations or download the Parkmobile parking app to pay for metered parking with your mobile phone.
The KC Streetcar will be operating for free (as usual) and RideKC will operate the MAX buses every 8 to 10 minutes through the tournament. The Main Street Max will temporarily reroute during the event. For more information about the Main and Troost MAX routes, visit ridekc.org or call 816-221-0660.
Taxi lanes will be available on the south lane of 13th Street between Oak Street and Grand Boulevard. B-Cycle stations are also spread throughout downtown Kansas City and the River Market.
Plan ahead this week, and enjoy every minutes of one the busiest weeks of the year in your Downtown KC.