Parking is abundant in Downtown Kansas City. You will find parking garages, surface parking lots and metered parking throughout Downtown.
There are nearly 22,000 parking places (18,000 in garages and 4,000 in surface lots) within an easy walk to the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts, Sprint Center, Power & Light District and the many attractions, theaters, galleries, shops and restaurants of greater Downtown.
Parking fees vary according to the garage, surface lot or metered spaces.
The Power & Light District has introduced three new parking perks:
Free lunchtime valet
11 a.m.-2 p.m. daily (three-hour maximum)
Valet station on 14th St. between Main and Walnut
Validation from destination site
$2.00 surface lot parking
- 11 a.m.-2 p.m. daily (three-hour maximum)
- Three locations:
- Lot 1— Adjacent to Cosentino’s; Walnut between 13th and 12th
- Lot 2 – South of Famous Dave’s; Walnut between 14th and Truman
- Lot 3 – Adjacent to AMC Mainstreet; 14th between Main and Baltimore
Free garage parking
- 6 a.m.-5 p.m. weekdays (three-hour max)
- Two locations:
- KC Live! Garage; 13th between Grand and Walnut
- Main Street Garage; on Main or Walnut between 12th and 13th