Downtown Dazzle – the official Downtown Kansas City holiday experience – returns this Friday and will continue daily through Jan. 1, 2018.
The fourth annual Downtown Dazzle will offer more more than a full month of holiday fun for Kansas City residents and visitors of all ages. The seasonal event brings people together from across the region to explore Downtown Kansas City and celebrate the season with holiday lights, special experiences and dining and shopping exclusives.
Downtown Dazzle will get off to a fast and festive start with the Mayor’s Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony beginning at 5:30 p.m. Friday at Crown Center and a dazzling holiday lighting installation presented by Sprint at Washington Square Park,
Downtown Dazzle serves as an umbrella for promoting all of the holiday-themed arts, entertainment and cultural events that occur in Downtown KC neighborhoods and districts, such as:
- Holiday magic nearly every day of Downtown Dazzle at Crown Center, Union Station, Alamo Drafthouse Cinema, the Dazzle lighting display provided by Sprint at Washington Square Park;
- Free transportation via Holiday Trolleys from 5-9 p.m. on Saturdays (from Nov. 25-Dec. 23) and aboard the KC Streetcar daily (and nightly) – every Dazzling day;
- The Salvation Army’s free Rock the Red Kettle Concert, featuring Parachute and Switchfoot, on First Friday, Dec. 1 at the Power & Light District;
- Free KC Streetcar Holiday Jam with nine live musical performances on board the streetcars and at streetcar stops on seven dates – Dec. 2, 8, 9, 15, 16, 20 and 22.
- The Whoville Holidays return to The City Market from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on two weekends (Dec. 9-10 & 16-17)
- Three completely different concerts of The Nights the Buzz Stole Xmas on Dec. 3, 14 & 16 at The Midland;
- 20 performances of The Nutcracker by the Kansas City Ballet from Dec. 7-24 at the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts;
- Experience Downtown living at the free Urban Homes Tour on Saturday, Dec. 9. More than 20 of Downtown’s trendiest residential properties will be open for public tours from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Click here to register or to receive more info.
- 15 holiday-inspired performances by the Kansas City Symphony, including seven presentations of the annual Christmas Festival from Dec. 15-19 at the Kauffman Center;
- Celebrate New Year’s Eve in Downtown with blow-out parties at six locations (and, still counting) including Knuckleheads Saloon in the East Bottoms, MTH Theater at Crown Center, Power & Light District, Science City, Sprint Center and Union Station.
- Downtown Dazzle is not only your guide to all-things-holidays in Downtown, but also to discount offers through the Be-Dazzled Booklet. With 40+ discounts, the $5 booklet pays for itself in no time! Don’t miss your opportunity to support Downtown businesses and save while doing it. Order today!
For more information, visit DowntownDazzle.com and/or VisitKC.com.