Cue the countdown – there are only 60 days let for you to apply – or spread the word to potential applicants – for a slice of the $500,000 in LaunchKC grants. The application window closes on July 7.
LaunchKC, the global grants competition for tech entrepreneurs, is in hot pursuit of the best and brightest business startups to apply for half a million dollars in non-dilutive grants that will be awarded during Techweek Kansas City on Sept. 15.
Now in its third year, LaunchKC is a platform for attracting tech entrepreneurs and their early stage businesses to establish/grow emerging enterprises in Kansas City. LaunchKC is an initiative of the Downtown Council of Kansas City working in collaboration with the Economic Development Corporation of Kansas City, is an economic engine in the City’s tech/startup ecosystem.
A few new wrinkles in the LaunchKC competition this year include:
- Introduction of a $100,000 grand prize grant to be awarded on Sept. 15
- LaunchKC judges will hear pitches from 20 competition finalists at Techweek KC on Friday morning, Sept. 15, and select 9 recipients of $50,000 grants who will be introduced that evening.
- During the awards ceremony, one of the 9 recipients will be selected to have his/her grant doubled to $100,000!
In its first two years, LaunchKC has pumped $1 million into the Kansas City tech space through $50,000 grants awarded t0 a total of 20 entrepreneurs from 6 states and 3 nations!
LaunchKC grant recipients not only will earn cash grants, but also one year of free working space in Downtown Kansas City; industry-specific mentor teams; and opportunities to meet and learn from industry and entrepreneurial leaders from KC.
So, who will compete at Techweek Kansas City in September? Who will win the grants in 2017?
You can’t win at LaunchKC if you don’t apply. And, we have 50,000 (or more) reasons why you should go for it.
Applications for the 2017 grant competition are available online. The window will remain open until midnight on Friday, July 7, 2017.
Just ask Erika Klotz, CEO of PopBookings – grant winner from 2015.
Apply today … the application window will close in 60 days!
- Strategic: Missouri Technology Corporation, City of Kansas City, Missouri, William T. Kemper Foundation, Techweek
- Visionary: Kansas City Power & Light District, UMB Bank
- Contributing: Burns & McDonnell, Google Fiber, Husch Blackwell, Kansas City Power & Light, Lead Bank, Missouri Department of Economic Development, Polsinelli, Downtown Council of Kansas City, Economic Development Corporation of Kansas City
- Contributing: J.E. Dunn Construction, Lathrop & Gage, Marriott Kansas City Downtown
- Supporters: Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation, Missouri Small Business & Technology Development Centers; Regnier Institute for Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Think Big Partners, UMKC Henry W. Bloch School of Management
Click here to learn more about becoming a LaunchKC sponsor.