Downtown Kansas City enters full-blown March Madness fever today (Thursday), as the Big 12 Men’s Basketball Tournament brings four HUGE game to the Sprint Center.
Today – yes, today (Thursday) – marks one of those extra special moments in recent tournament history. To prove the point, consider these high points:
- Downtown KC – home to March Madness – will be basking in the glow of a 70+ degree afternoon
- The nation’s No. 1 ranked Kansas Jayhawks take on TCU at 1:30 p.m. today (Thursday)
- Tournament darlings Iowa State and Kansas State will be in the spotlight today at 11:30 a.m. and 8 p.m. (respectively)
- Downtown is ready for the crush of fans and visitors, who will be flocking to Sprint Center, the Power & Light District, the College Basketball Experience and its many restaurants and attractions this week.
- The KC Streetcar will be running daily from Union Station to the Crossroads Arts District to the Power & Light District to the River Market and the City Market … and back again… from 6 a.m. to midnight today (Thursday); 6 a.m. to 2 a.m. Friday; and 7 a.m. to 2 a.m. Friday. Riding the KC Streetcar is free.
- Street closures are carefully planned to maximize efficiencies in Downtown this week. Follow this link to understand the lay of the land.
- Public parking is abundant in Downtown KC, and the Downtown Council provides all-new maps of the Central Business District, Crossroads and River Market to help you find the best parking options.
- ParkMobile gives you the opportunity to reserve Downtown parking in advance. Click here to get started.
- RIDE KC MAX Buses will be running much more frequently to help Big 12 fans and visitors navigate through a busy Downtown this week. Click here to learn more.
Welcome to Downtown KC! For more information, be sure to learn more at VisitKC.com.