Downtown Kansas City will be rocking all weekend with a host of special events embracing arts, sports, the holidays, the movies, the circus AND the North Face Endurance Challenge that will test the durability of runners and the patience of drivers.
Here’s a snapshot of this wild and woolly weekend in Downtown:
TODAY ONLY (Friday)
- The City Lights holiday lighting ceremony begins at 6 p.m. at Barney Allis Plaza
- The Holiday Windows on Main lighting ceremony and art unveiling begins at 6:30 p.m. at 13th & Main in the Power & Light District
- Joyce DiDonato performs in the Harriman Jewell series at 8 p.m. at the Folly Theater
- Parade of Playhouses and Dog Houses fundraiser for Habitat for Humanity begins at 7 p.m. at Union Station
- Bach Aria Soloists and the Heart of America Shakespeare Festival joint performance at 7:30 p.m. at the Central Library.
- Bruce Springsteen and E Street Bank will rock the Sprint Center beginning at 7:30 p.m.
- Holiday Homes Tour of 14 residential properties around Downtown will run from noon to 3p.m. www.movedowntownkc.com
- Metalocalypse: Dethklok will put the Midland under a spell beginning at 8 p.m.
- North Face Endurance Challenge will test the stamina of runners and the patience of drivers all day. Check out the details at www.thenorthface.com/en_US/endurance-challenge/kansas-city-mo-road/event-weekend/?stop_mobi=yes
- Roseanne Cash will weave her musical magic at 8 p.m. at the Folly Theater
- Start the Holidays lighting ceremony begins at 5:30 p.m. at Union Station
- National Collegiate Basketball Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony is set to begin at 7:30 p.m. at the Midland. Tickets are still available at www.cbehalloffameclassic.com
- Alamo Drafthouse Cinema will celebrate the rebirth of its Mainstreet Theatres with movie mania
- Holiday Windows on Main continues its showing of original artwork in store windows through the holidays
- The Ice Terrace is open for the season at Crown Center
- The Kansas City Symphony performs Carmina Burana today through Sunday in Helzberg Hall
- “The Mystery of Irma Vep” continues through Sunday on the Copaken Stage
- “Nuncrackers” continues its holiday fun all weekend at the American Heartland Theatre
- Science of Rock ‘n Roll exhibit opens today at Union Station
- The Tap Dogs will perform through Sunday in Kauffman Theatre
Enjoy this busy weekend in Downtown. Be sure to arrive early and avoid any late parking scrambles.